Excellent opportunity for Radiologist to join the team at Vernon Jubilee Hospital! If you are looking to practice in a welcoming community setting with an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative team where the lifestyle opportunities are endless, look no further. Come to Vernon and discover the rewards of career satisfaction where flexibility and balance are important!
Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH), a community hospital and regional referral centre, is seeking a permanent general diagnostic radiologist to join a group of six radiologists with a mixed hospital and clinic practice. The majority of your work is at Vernon Jubilee Hospital with an additional locum position at Vernon Radiological Associates community clinic.
The Hospital practice includes, high volume multislice CT with our single scanner performing over 18,000 exams per year and plans well underway for a second multislice CT unit. A fixed onsite 1.5T MRI suite is under construction and expected to open in July 2019. The practice also features a new fluoroscopy multipurpose unit in a large renovated procedure room along with a Digital radiography, Ultrasound, Echocardiography, digital mammography. The clinic practice offers X-ray, ultrasound and bone mineral density examinations. Our procedural requirements are predominantly biopsy and drainage. No vascular intervention. There is an opportunities for teaching in UBC Medical Program if interested as several of the current radiologists have clinical faculty appointments at UBC.
We welcome locum interest during the recruitment phase.
- Eligible for Fellowship with the Royal College Physicians of Canada (FRCPC)
- Doctorate in Medicine
- Strong general radiology skills including X-ray, ultrasound, CT and MRI, mammography including obstetrical and MSK ultrasound
- Strong skills in image guided biopsy and drainage including CT-, ultrasound and fluoroscopy-guided procedures.
- Fellowship training would be an asset, but is not required
- Hours of work: Full Time
- On call requirements: 1:6
- Payment Structure: Individual fee-for-service
- Competitive remuneration
- Relocation assistance up to $10,000 maximum or $15,000 maximum if move is over 3,000 kms/international (with eligible receipts)
We are excited to add new graduate or experienced radiologists to our team in Vernon. Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here! Email CV to email@example.com